Our induction process
- You will be offered a tour of the school and will have a meeting with the principal and SENCO to discuss your child’s current home language and fluency in English.
- You will be given a copy of the EAL induction pack to take home. This will be shared with you and your child.
- On your child’s first day they will have access to the schools nurture room where they will be buddied up with another child and a key member of staff to help with transition.
- The SENCO will then assess your child’s vocabulary by completing a language assessment. At this point additional interventions can be planned if needed.
- We will then meet with you again at the end of the first week to let you know how their child has settled.
We have a team of children that speak a range of different languages in the academy. These children act as buddies for any new child that comes into the academy in order for them to feel fully included.
Staff will keep you regularly updated about your child’s progress to ensure the best possible outcomes. Miss Carey is the link staff member for children with EAL along with additional staff Miss L Williams,Mrs S Hardava, Mrs G Razaq and Mrs L Shoemaker.